Add-On pricing

LaoYou

I see that there is only two bundles for Android, Professional $99,95 and Basic $49,95.
Will there be model like the one for iPhone where you can buy Individual Add-ons in the future?

/LaoYou

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There already is, click on "Android Add-on Modules" on the left side of the main Store page.

Pelleas

秀才
LaoYou said:
I see that there is only two bundles for Android, Professional $99,95 and Basic $49,95.
Will there be model like the one for iPhone where you can buy Individual Add-ons in the future?

/LaoYou

You can already do that!

Used it yesterday and this morning, works perfectly!

Edit: mike was quicker than me :p Good thing you got rid of that evil 6666 post count ;)

Will the Complete Bundle be available too? I bought the Modern Chinese-Chinese Dictionary today for $40. The news release says more Chinese-Chinese dictionaries are coming. Definitely interested, but $20-40 per dictionary will add up very quickly...

Related question: Does the Complete Bundle cover new releases? That is, do iPhone users with the Complete Bundle get access to new dictionaries as they become available? Or do they have to buy them separately?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
garysaville said:
Will the academic pricing like that available in the iOS store be available on the Pleco site?

Probably, but we're still trying to sort out whether the fact that it's our own store (rather than Apple's) imposes greater obligations on us as far as verifying people's educational status, so the requirements and prices are still TBD.

murrayjames said:
Will the Complete Bundle be available too? I bought the Modern Chinese-Chinese Dictionary today for $40. The news release says more Chinese-Chinese dictionaries are coming. Definitely interested, but $20-40 per dictionary will add up very quickly...

There may not be a Complete bundle, actually, but there probably will be a bundle with all of the new dictionaries (or at least all of the new C-C ones) for people who want to buy a bunch of them at the same time.

murrayjames said:
Related question: Does the Complete Bundle cover new releases? That is, do iPhone users with the Complete Bundle get access to new dictionaries as they become available? Or do they have to buy them separately?

No, it only covers the titles we currently offer (and we've increased / decreased the price over the years as we've added / removed dictionaries); we wouldn't want our options regarding new licenses to be limited by how much we could afford to pay to cover every previous Complete bundle purchaser, it'd be next to impossible to offer big / expensive new dictionaries if we did that.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Loriquero said:
Don´t know if is the right topic, just want to ask why I can´t see the ACED dict on the Android Add-On page...

We licensed it under different terms for iOS and Android and now it's the free built-in "Pleco Basic" dictionary (PLC).