HDC not showing jianti in headword:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 686

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Guifan 3/e - they said end of the year, we're nagging them about it but no firm date yet.

New ACED - that's the next thing on our to-do list after we get the iOS 3.2.4 update out. (requires quite a bit of support on the code side)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Heh, tricky one to differentiate from an actual Ǒ - thanks. (I guess in this case we may want to verify that any all-uppercase Pinyin strings are actually Pinyin)

My OS X Yosemite version of OCD has the word 挂科 guàkē:

口语 flunk

yet it's missing from Pleco's version. Is the latter outdated?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Good question - I'll check with them, I was under the impression that our version was newer but checking the copyright notice it looks like Apple's is 2010, 2013 which suggests they may have gotten a recent update.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pleco's version were outdated. I remember it also doesn't include "③口语 (人)nutcase" under the 神经 entry.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I remember that one was a case of our version being newer, actually - they removed that 3rd definition. (considered it offensive I guess)

I don't have the old file handy anymore so I can't check on whether 挂科 was likewise removed, though it very well might have been - given how overworked everyone at Apple seems to be lately I have a hard time thinking they came up with the staff time to do a lot of revising of OCD.