2.2.6 Bug Report + Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Slim Smith said:
1. I use the multiple choice option for studying flashcards. Sometimes, after answering a card correctly, I intentionally use the back button to mark it incorrect because I feel that particular word needs a little extra attention. At the end of the session, when prompted to review incorrect cards, the card isn't there. I've seen cards that I have answered correctly in the end of session review. Any ideas why this happening?

Sounds like a bug - we'll investigate it for the next release, thanks.

Slim Smith said:
2. When using the web reader, sometimes the text ends up garbled; whereas in Safari it's fine. I'm not able to upload the screenshot from my iPad; I can email it, if need be.

Is the reader running in "Live Mode"? If so, could you send (PM or email or just post here) me the page URL? It might be that the page has an improperly-formatted text encoding header - our system isn't quite as good at catching those as Apple's (they've got a lot more engineers than we do...)

Slim Smith said:
BTW, Pleco on the iPad is amazing! Looks beautiful!

Thank you!

jiacheng said:
I believe that the newer entry was likely created with 2.2.6, so it's unlikely that 2.2.7 is specifically involved. I just happened to notice it after I downloaded 2.2.7. I created an entry, then a flashcard from that entry, changed the entry and then added another flashcard with the new entry and the behavior I saw earlier seems consistent with that. I am just baffled as to how I didn't notice it.

Oh, so you modified the same entry? In that case the flashcard is actually supposed to point to the new one - the thinking is that if you find an error in your user dictionary entry and correct it you shouldn't have to do so twice. Is the issue that it only updated the definition and not the headword?

radioman

状元
A few things - not sure where to put it on the board so will put it here. (running 2.2.7)

Reader
- If you are in landscape mode (locked that way) in block read OCR, then you go to the picture album, and then you exit the picture selection screen by tapping Photo Albums button, Pleco is no longer presented in landscape.
- Also in Landscape, if you hold the "plus" to add a flashcards, and you have a long list of categories, the list gets truncated and you cannot scroll it.
- Sometimes when I click on a character for look up using block reading, the background of the bubble that the definition is printed becomes transparent (I think). Basically I can see the pinyin and definition, etc. but it sits on top of the picture being interpreted. (I have a picture of this that I will try and find / post). The only way to fix it is to exit the session and restart Pleco.

Pasteboard - if you leave Pleco with a definition bubble open, exit, and then come back in to Pleco with new information in the pasteboard to look up, Pleco looks up the new information, but the old definition bubble is still there, obscuring the view of the new definition.

Other
- Is there a way to bring up automatically bring up the sketch pad for characters if you are running flashcards and get one wrong? So, you get it wrong, and then immediately can practice it before moving on.)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
radioman said:
- If you are in landscape mode (locked that way) in block read OCR, then you go to the picture album, and then you exit the picture selection screen by tapping Photo Albums button, Pleco is no longer presented in landscape.

Hmm... this may be tricky to do anything about since Photo Albums forces the screen into portrait, but we'll see what we can do.

radioman said:
- Also in Landscape, if you hold the "plus" to add a flashcards, and you have a long list of categories, the list gets truncated and you cannot scroll it.

Again, tricky, since we're pretty much just having iOS put up the standard action sheet control, but we'll see if there's any way we can get it to resize.

radioman said:
- Sometimes when I click on a character for look up using block reading, the background of the bubble that the definition is printed becomes transparent (I think). Basically I can see the pinyin and definition, etc. but it sits on top of the picture being interpreted. (I have a picture of this that I will try and find / post). The only way to fix it is to exit the session and restart Pleco.

A picture would be useful, yes... have you changed any of the interface color settings from their defaults?

radioman said:
Pasteboard - if you leave Pleco with a definition bubble open, exit, and then come back in to Pleco with new information in the pasteboard to look up, Pleco looks up the new information, but the old definition bubble is still there, obscuring the view of the new definition.

This one's been on our to-do list for a while, but thanks for the reminder - it does look kind of silly / bad.

radioman said:
Other
- Is there a way to bring up automatically bring up the sketch pad for characters if you are running flashcards and get one wrong? So, you get it wrong, and then immediately can practice it before moving on.)

No, but we could consider making it an option.