2.0.2 Beta 4 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

radioman

状元
I was adjusting my columns and noticed that in fact the ABC asterisk is supplied in the word list (I put mine on the right side). Depending on the word, and how I have my screen adjusted, I might not see the asterisk.

Would it be possible to move the asterisk to the first character position before the Hanzi rather than after the Pinyin. In that way the astrisk words would jump out because (1) you can see the asterisk first, and (2) because it would indent the Hanzi/pinyin on the line of interest relative to other entries that do not have the asterisk. Maybe not cosmetically the most pleasing but would serve the purpose well with regard to drawing attention to the words that are most frequently used.

radioman said:
Just feedback so far, I like the idea about the pinyin search defaulting to the asterisk-marked definition. I am also wondering if there is anyway in the list of words that comes up, that the ones with the asterisk is highlighted somehow? I do not think I see that right now, and think it might be useful even without an exact pinyin search.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Certainly possible, but I'd rather do something a bit more intelligent / powerful with all of that ABC frequency data - no reason the * should only be factored in in one particular type of search as it is now.