汉字 not in Pleco.

GuoJing

Every now and then I encounter characters which do not appear in Pleco, especially with really old books like 仪礼 or the writings of 冯梦龙. I'm not in need of a definition for most of them (the editors of the books provided them), but I am curious if anybody has any suggestions for what to do with the list I've been making of just such characters.

JD

状元
Perhaps other add-on dictionaries, such as Hanyu Da Cidian (380,000 entries it says In the description) has the other items on your list.

GuoJing

Perhaps other add-on dictionaries, such as Hanyu Da Cidian (380,000 entries it says In the description) has the other items on your list.
Perhaps. I have 14 dictionaries, but I've been slow in getting the two big ones, the Grand Ricci and Hanyu Da Cidian, as well as the TCM dictionary, which I plan on getting eventually, as well.

Reactions: Ria
Every now and then I encounter characters which do not appear in Pleco, especially with really old books like 仪礼 or the writings of 冯梦龙. I'm not in need of a definition for most of them (the editors of the books provided them), but I am curious if anybody has any suggestions for what to do with the list I've been making of just such characters.

Install the Unihan dictionary, un-set "fallback only," or w/e the setting is - see if your characters are on there. Anything in CJK EXTs should all be in there.

GuoJing

The settings have so many options available I'm not sure what you mean. I have uni, but I don't know what you mean by fallback only. I've searched through the settings and can't find anything that looks like it would help.

The settings have so many options available I'm not sure what you mean. I have uni, but I don't know what you mean by fallback only. I've searched through the settings and can't find anything that looks like it would help.

Settings ---> Manage Dictionaries ---> Uni ---> Search only as fallback

Turn this off, it should ensure that you get a hit every time and not only when zero dictionaries contain the character you are looking for. This will help rule out any false-positives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ria