古漢語大詞典 or 古代漢語大詞典 ?

Onymous

My Pleco has the add-on abbreviated as GH, which deals with classical Chinese. In Settings/ Manage Dictionaries, the more complete lettering is GHYDCD and the full name given is Gu Hanyu Da Cidan and publisher is Shanghai Lexicographical Publishing House; I don't see compiler's name. So I suppose that's 古漢語大詞典.
But I don't find that on internet, where I only find 古代漢語大詞典, also from 上海辭書出版社, compiled by 徐復et al. I suppose the latter is the correct citation. If so, presumably the citation in the Pleco add-on should be amended to read GDHYDCD and Gudai Hanyu Da Cidian. Is compiler's name shown or to be shown?

Can anyone confirm this authoritatively? For several years now I've been citing it as shown in my present Pleco add-on. I suppose I need to correct all my past citations.

Attachments

• IMG_7409.PNG
    IMG_7409.PNG
    563.3 KB · Views: 192

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They actually changed the name in the Shanghai version as well; however, at the time we licensed it it was known as 古汉语大词典 (with a brown cover) and that's the version that the data files were from (not that I believe they've changed any), so that's the name we use in our app.

Onymous

Thanks for the clarification. Evidently it's the same book. A student apparently owns the printed version with 古代, but the contents cited were exactly as in my Pleco add-on, without 代. I won't need to change all my previous citations, but just add one further notation, based on the information you've provided.
Then there's the Shangwu dictionary, 古代汉语词典, which is a very good one, too. I think I once asked you if it could be put into Pleco, but somehow it can't.