“No cards found” for default HSK lists on default settings?

vickynessz

Member
I want to mass-review HSK 1-5 and have those selected, but in both Simple and SRS I get a no cards found pop-up. I reset to default settings (except with the subcategories) and it doesn’t work. I also tried turning off Limit New Cards.

I saw a post here where the OP had a similar issue and it was solved because the cards weren’t “new”? I did try adding a new card, and Pleco tested me on a test with just that single card. But I’ve never even reviewed the entire HSK 5 list; shouldn't that be new too??

One other thing is that I’ve set the HSK 5 list to Priority 1, but shouldn’t that make it more likely to be tested if anything?
 

Attachments

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... any chance that you've enabled English-to-Chinese flashcards (based on English-to-Chinese dictionary entries) and have selected that as your language in Card Filters?
 

vickynessz

Member
I don’t see a language option in card filters?
A8E7C347-3B5C-427B-91B6-CCAAE1A48AAF.png

Edit: just checked Settings > Flashcards and E-C isn’t enabled either.
 
Last edited:

Shun

状元
Hi vickynessz,

if you've already reset your Flashcards settings, you could try creating a new scorefile. That should "reset" all the information Pleco has about your cards, except that you can always return to your previous scorefile.

Cheers,

Shun
 

vickynessz

Member
Hi vickynessz,

if you've already reset your Flashcards settings, you could try creating a new scorefile. That should "reset" all the information Pleco has about your cards, except that you can always return to your previous scorefile.

Cheers,

Shun
This worked, thank you! Except some of my personal categories which I had worked on are also reset… is there a way to selectively combine scorefiles?
 

Shun

状元
That's good to hear, you're welcome. I had that on my mind, as well. It is technically possible, but not supported within Pleco. You would need an SQLite editor, such as this (for both Windows and Mac):


The scorefiles are part of the flashcards database, which you export using Import / Export > Backup Database.

The thing is, I've just noticed that your new scorefile is actually completely empty—it will be populated as you study using it—so there isn't anything to be merged yet. I'd suggest that you send your current flashcards backup .pqb file to Mike, so he could check it for integrity issues/fix a rare bug in Pleco to get it working again.

Cheers, Shun
 

vickynessz

Member
I’ve just noticed there’s an option under cards > batch > scorefile > change in scorefile—shouldn’t this let me selectively set different scorefiles for different subcategories of cards? But when I tried to select the new scorefile for the buggy subcategories, they still remain with the default scorefile scores.

(Also, I know currently the new scorefile is empty, but for some reason this allows it to work properly, which is why I’d like to merge the new scorefile HSK 1-5 with the rest of my cards that work properly.)
 

Shun

状元
Good thoughts, though the "Change in scorefile" option just means that the changes you make using Batch will affect that scorefile.

You can think of each card in your database as having an ID number. A scorefile simply lists all the cards it knows about with their IDs and stores information/your study progress on each newly studied card. If you merge the two scorefiles, you'd have a new scorefile with the same entries as the old scorefile, because the new scorefile—being empty—didn't add any new IDs. When you study using the new scorefile in Pleco, this means that Pleco will simply ignore the other scorefile and start adding IDs with new information from scratch.

This is why I believe your old scorefile (or a rare bug in Pleco) will need to be fixed.

You could try out the DB Browser tool or read about SQLite if you're interested in learning more.
 

vickynessz

Member
Oh, I see… thanks for the explanation! That makes sense to me now. I’ve sent my backup to Mike and hopefully it’s an easy fix! I’m lazy so I think I’ll just suck it up and start fresh on my other cards… I haven’t been using Pleco for that long anyways. :’)

Thanks again for your help!
 

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It looks like somehow all of these cards ended up with "exclude from all sessions" set on them. If you go into Organize, Edit, Batch, scroll down to "Priority," and choose "unset exclude" as the transformation, then click "Change priority now," that should clear this up.
 

Shun

状元
Oh, I thought the same thing, I just didn't know one could change it in Batch under "Priority".
 

vickynessz

Member
It looks like somehow all of these cards ended up with "exclude from all sessions" set on them. If you go into Organize, Edit, Batch, scroll down to "Priority," and choose "unset exclude" as the transformation, then click "Change priority now," that should clear this up.
AAAH oh my goodness you’re right, I completely forgot I had been playing around with settingso early on… I had tried setting priority to 3 for all the cards, but I guess the exclude option superseded that and I didn’t realize. It’s fixed now. Thanks so much!
 

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No problem - it probably should do that but it doesn't at the moment. (we're actually moving away from priority settings altogether in our next major update, so 'exclude from tests' is an independent thing now; priority will only apply in converted legacy test profiles)
 
Top