Pleco for Android 3.2.13

Barry

举人
Hello,
Several minutes ago Pleco made an update to 3.2.13 version.
And now, when I try to do flashcard simple test, on every flashcard Pleco tells me "Sorry, the TTS system could not be loaded, please delete and reinstall it in "Add-ons""

So I have done that, but it didn't help and Pleco still tells me that on every flashcard in test.

Please fix it.

Barry

举人
Another bug-
When I try to type in Pleco dictionary the word "Cong", after the "co" Pleco always crashes and I am thrown away from the program.

I try to type "yixie", but after "yi" Pleco also crashes.

Probably, there are more words when the program crashes.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This sounds like file corruption - reasonable that it would happen on an update since it was downloading updated data files. I'd suggest that you back up your data (flashcards via Import/Export / Backup Database, settings and history via the option at the bottom of Settings, user dictionaries in Manage Dictionaries) and then delete and reinstall Pleco.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Barry - follow up to that: what model of device are you running? We're investigating a possible bug relating to our adoption of x86 support in 3.2.13 - our text-to-speech libraries aren't in x86 yet, and while we assumed that any device that could emulate ARM for our entire app before would cheerfully continue doing it for those libraries (and confirmed that that was indeed the case on several of them), it's possible that it might not be true on a few devices. In which case as a short-term workaround we'll probably post an ARM-only version of this update (and send a couple more nagging emails to our TTS vendor about getting the libraries to support x86).

Barry

举人
Hello,

In my computer it is written that "System type 64-bit operating system"

Right now I am restoring Pleco, after I deleted it, with backup, as you have advised.
Hope it will help.

Barry

举人
I am sorry, but after I deleted Pleco, with backup, and restored it, IT DIDN'T HELP.

I am still getting exactly the same problems:

1) When I try to do flashcard simple test, on every flashcard Pleco tells me "Sorry, the TTS system could not be loaded, please delete and reinstall it in "Add-ons"" (but before I indeed deleted TTS system and reinstalled it, as ordered by Pleco, but it didn't help)

2) When I try to type in Pleco dictionary some words (for example "cong", " yixie" and probably other), Pleco crashes
(in word "cong" after the "co", in word "yixie" after "yi".

What to do?

Before the last update everything worked perfectly.
Maybe, if there is no other choice, I will someway install the previous version of Pleco (in this case, please explain how to do it)?

Last edited:

Fiouz

Screen reader does not work when Button Savior Non Root is enabled and reports no readable text on screen. Could it be that Pleco is analyzing the Button Savior overlay instead of the actual application?
Once Button Savior is disabled, I can get results.
LG H818N, Android 5.1 LMY47D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Barry - sorry, you're running this on your computer? Using which emulator? What OS is the computer running (Mac or Windows and which version)?

@Fiouz - yeah, it seems like that app's window is somehow not being picked up by our filter against system overlay windows - thanks, we'll try to fix this in 3.2.14.

Wan

榜眼
Tiny bug in 多功能成语词典: The structure of this dictionary is list-like, with the category denominators 解释, 语见, 例句 and 近义 on the left, and the information on the right.
The first term, 解释, is written in an unrecognizably tiny font and unreadable unless you tap it to get its pop-up information. Only the 解释 is small, the information next to it is perfectly readable.
Not an important bug, didn’t want to open a thread for that, so I put it here.

Wan

榜眼
Honestly, I don’t remember ;)
Also, it’s not an issue in Arc Welder. It may simply be because the screen is tiny (3"). I'll attach a screenshot for completeness’s sake.
Screenshot_2015-08-12-11-29-32.png

Last edited:

HW60

状元
For japanese flashcards only: did you change the input for Pinyin Pronunciation of japanese flashcards in Pleco 3.2.14 from August 11? Until now the first character in Pinyin Pronunciation of a flashcard with kana had to be "@", otherwise the Pinyin Pronunciation was ignored by Pleco. Now when I forgot to enter the "@", Pleco did not delete the kana but kept it.

Taichi

榜眼
I've been using pleco with bluetooth keyboard, and quite happy with the new hotkey support.
Is it possible to support hotkeys for flash card test as well? e.g. space key for reveal, left for correct, right for incorrect.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Wan - thanks! What's your current device model / Android version?

@HW60 - That wasn't a deliberate change, so I'd still recommend putting the @ there - it may be working without it but it's not something we test for or can guarantee will work correctly in the future.

@Taichi - should be possible, yes - thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thank you very much! (those were in 3.2.13 though they'll be getting some nice little improvements in a few days in 3.2.15)