Which Device supports synchronizing of Chinese Contacts

Nob

秀才
Dear Board Readers,

Since I plan to buy a WindowsMobile smart phone, I would like to know which device supports the sychronization of Chinese contacts with Outlook or Thunderbird.

Is ist a question of the device or of WindowsMobile? I know that some mobile phone applications dont support unicode and qute often Chinese mobile phones only "understand" their own codepage. Thanks for your ideas! :eek:

ipsi

状元
Provided you get Chinese support set up correctly on your device, Windows Mobile will sync just fine with your Chinese contacts, and will sync in Unicode (I believe. I'd have to double-check at home, but I'm pretty sure it worked out fine).

ldolse

状元
Contact names will sync fine. The contact notes field won't work though :( They might work on Chinese windows though, not sure. Microsoft hasn't implemented their Unicode support all that well with ActiveSync.

ldolse said:
Contact names will sync fine. The contact notes field won't work though :( They might work on Chinese windows though, not sure. Microsoft hasn't implemented their Unicode support all that well with ActiveSync.

Mobile 6.1 will sync them (all fields) fine, you'll need a Chinese font to see the entries fine though. They will sync fine even if you don't have the font in, and will display correctly once you have installed it.

Since I live in China, most of the addresses in my contacts book are in Chinese text. They sync fine. I haven't tried anything from the notes section, but contact names, addresses, companies, and job titles all sync perfectly.

I'm using the US English version of Vista, English version of Windows Mobile 6.1, Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1.6965, and Outlook 2003 (all updates and service packs installed).

There must be some other problem if you're getting mixed sync support. OS version?

Rob