When you want to import a duplicate/identical deck

Hi there

Apologies up front if this is an obvious question, I've tried searching around for the answer but so far no luck.

Basically what I want to do is import 2 or 3 identical decks to test myself on different things using Pleco's SRS.

Essentially I want a deck that tests me on my ability to write characters for English definitions for times where I am sitting down and can write. This is my primary function of using Pleco flashcards. But for times when this isn't possible, say when I am on the bus, I want another deck of the same cards where I can review just pinyin and definition to refresh my memory. And say another set of the same cards just for reading.

I want to have separate decks to do this as when I just use one deck and then change the testing settings I have to restart each test session, rendering the SRS function useless and loosing statistics.

But when I try to import a deck I already have, whilst the import says successful I'm left with only the original deck when I go into organise flash cards.

If anyone could help me here I would be very grateful. :)

Best wishes

Sarah

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can accomplish this by creating multiple "profiles" each with a different "scorefile" - see the manual for much more on this.