View files in Dropbox

sumnerg

Hi Mike,

When I go to File Manager > Dropbox Folder on my devices I get an 'An unknown error occurred" followed a few seconds later by "Internet Connection Lost."

Same with Open Document > Open File > Dropbox Folder.

The internet connection is working and the Dropbox client itself and other apps can view the files in Dropbox.

Same behavior after deleting and reloading Pleco.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Could be an authentication error - we've added a setting to unlink your Dropbox account within Pleco, but for now, if you log onto Dropbox's website you should see an option to unlink Pleco from you account; do that, then reconnect again and it should hopefully work better.

The other possibility is that Dropbox' recent server issues are affecting third party clients but not Dropbox' own apps - if the above doesn't work I'd suggest waiting a few days and trying again.

sumnerg

Thanks for quick heads up on Dropbox server issues. Can access files on the Dropbox website but can't get into Settings, which is where I presumably would unlink Pleco from the account. Will wait to see how things settle down.

BrianTung

秀才
ETA: I resolved this on my own. In case anyone has the same problem, I went to the Files app (icon looks like a folder), tapped on Locations, then Edit, then toggled Dropbox on. Somehow it had gotten toggled off, even though I know I didn't toggle this setting explicitly. Weird.

---

I have lost the ability to access Dropbox files from Pleco on my iPad. I did have it on my iPad, and I continue to have it on my iPhone. It just disappeared from my iPad mysteriously, almost as I was using it. Under Locations on my iPhone, it reads:

iCloud Drive
Drive [this is Google Drive, but it just says "Drive"]
Dropbox -- Personal
On My iPhone
Recently Deleted

But on the iPad, it just reads:

iCloud Drive
On My iPad
Recently Deleted

I'm pretty sure it used to have Dropbox -- Personal below iCloud Drive, but it's not there now. I tried the above suggestions, restarting the iPad, deleting Pleco, reinstalling it, laboriously reloading all of my purchases, resetting all of my preferences, all to no avail. Can you help? This is really frustrating.

Last edited: