Unable to launch Pleco on China-bought Android phone

Dwei

I had been using Pleco with no problems for about 3 years on a RealMe brand phone that I purchased in China. I used the Google Play replacement Aurora Store to install the app and regularly update it. When trying to install the most recent update via Aurora Store a message pops up saying that the apk is corrupt and suggesting that I search for a replacement app in the phone's native RealMe app store. I'm able to cancel this message and install Pleco, but when I launch the app it immediately closes. Has anybody else encountered this problem or have a fix to suggest?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that; third-party stores mirroring Google Play can sometimes be unreliable, but you can download an APK version of Pleco directly from us at pleco.com/getandroid, which should work fine on a RealMe phone.

Dwei

Sorry about that; third-party stores mirroring Google Play can sometimes be unreliable, but you can download an APK version of Pleco directly from us at pleco.com/getandroid, which should work fine on a RealMe phone.
A thousand thanks! Going without Pleco for several weeks was harsh, what a relief to have it back on my phone.