Two versions of pleco on one memory card?

Trobert

秀才
I've downloaded pleco 2.0 from the forums page. I'm dying to try it out and can hardly wait for the official release date. If I install it onto my WM PDA together on the memory card that holds the current version of Pleco, will this cause any problems?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That should work OK, we've designed the two versions not to interfere with each other, though I'd recommend exiting one version completely (using the Quit command in the Dict menu) before loading the other one since it's possible they could run into a few resource conflicts if they're actually running at the same time.

Shadowdh

状元
I can confirm that you can indeed have both Plecos installed to your card and have them run fine... I didnt run them at the same time but was using Pleco 1 as my main dict till the P2 beta 7 releases (when I switched fully to P2) and all the time they were both installed I never had a problem...

Trobert

秀才
Hi, so I've installed 2.0 on my phone, but it is locked in demo mode still. What do I do? Also, what is pleco converter? I am told I cannot open it, because it is either missing a component or a trusted certificate.

Trobert

秀才
It's working now. It just took awhile for the new keyfile to become available on the My Orders page after I entered my device ID.

Trobert

秀才
The new features are very nice BTW. I particularly like how the Windows copy and paste features are now integrated into Pleco.