tungsten e2

tuvia

举人
for better or worse, i was given a second tungsten e2 recently. i saw on another page that the tx was recommended for pleco 2. i would like get a second license so i will have a backup , and i have two questions; should i just stick to the pleco 1 with the e2, or can it run pleco 2 ok.

also, will there be a problem with hotsyncing etc if i have two e2's hotsynced off of the same computer?

one of my e2's is quite old, and shows signs of failing in the future, so this is why i want to have a second pda with pleco ready to go. but of course, if the e2 is only suitable for pleco 1, then i will just hold on to the new one until the old one completely dies. thanks.

radioman

状元
Moving from E2 To T5 - Challenges

EDIT - I used Pleco Mover 2.0 Beta 8 and found the flashcard files and got this configured so I can read my flashcard files no problem. Is there another file for button configurations, etc that were saved that I can port over?

*** Original Post ****
For "Better" (I think) I lost my E2, and bought a T5 Palm. I have installed the key, no problem there.

I am having issues, however, with the configuration.

I had most of the files on the SD card. So I synced the new hardware with the old profile and then swapped the SD file to the new machine. I then installed Pleco 2.0.1, and it comes up no problem. but in demo mode. I think I could see the flashcards at that time. However, the problem is that my profiles, including button layouts, getting my flashcards, configurations/profiles, etc. The flashcards and profiles are no longer being utilized. Not sure when I synced the lock file whether some other default file(s) are now being accessed.

Finally, I know I still have the original flashcards, and can see them on the SD card. "flashcard.pdb"

I'm seeking information on how my old flashcard database (a 2.0.0 one on the old machine can be seen and accessed under 2.0.1 on the new machine.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Glad to hear PlecoMover got it working. There's no good way to move your preferences settings between Pleco versions yet, though eventually we're going to move those into flashcard database files too, so for right now you'd have to move those button settings over manually.