thinking about purchasing

wtsabo

Hey I've been thinking about purchasing Pleco before I leave for China in a couple weeks, but I was wondering if the flashcard system had a listening function to it? Like it says the word and then you try to answer. My biggest problem with the language is word recongition in the spoken language. I know the best way to fix that is to go speak which I'll be doing, but I need another form of it, does Pleco offer this? Also when is the estimated release for 2.0?

thank you
-Taylor

sfrrr

状元
PD 2 betas will pronounce the word for you, assuming it's in the database. There is no facility for recording your own voice and then comparing it to the PD version.

For increasing your verbal/audio recognition, you might find ChinesePod.com helpful. It certainly helped me.

I believe that PD 2.x will be released sometime late summer, but Mike hasn't said yet.

Sandra

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I said June 5th in my last customer e-mail, which there's still at least a glimmer of hope that we might make - at the very least there should be something release-candidate-like by then and probably also a real installer / manual to make it more accessible to non-technical people.