Sync flashcards progress

Miguel

状元
Hi,
I am using Pleco in my Pc and my cellphone. I sync the Pleco Flashcard Database.pqb file between the two programs. While the new flashcards created copy fine from one to another, the progress of the flashcards sessions doesn't. Do I need to copy another file/module in order to sync this?
Edit: I recently changed my cellphone and when I copied the files from the old to the new one I was able to transfer all the progress from my flashcards but I don't remember if I just copied the Pleco Flashcard Database.pqb or I copied all the folders in my com.pleco.chinesesystem

Last edited:

Miguel

状元
Sorry, my bad. I was checking the statistics in a different scorefile. I don't know how to change the scorefile to show in the "Organize Cards" section.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sessions aren't currently stored in the flashcard database, for lazy technical reasons (they're a binary dump of a bunch of data structures and we don't want to go to the trouble of making sure they copy over perfectly between 32 and 64 bit) - should get better in one of our next few updates.

Organize Cards will show statistics from whichever scorefile is associated with your currently selected profile in New Test.

Miguel

状元
Sessions aren't currently stored in the flashcard database, for lazy technical reasons (they're a binary dump of a bunch of data structures and we don't want to go to the trouble of making sure they copy over perfectly between 32 and 64 bit) - should get better in one of our next few updates.

Organize Cards will show statistics from whichever scorefile is associated with your currently selected profile in New Test.

Thanks, Mike. Well, if the stats are stored that means that my progress is transferred between devices, right? Then what is the difference with sessions been stored (or not) in the database?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Statistics are stored, but the status of your active / in-progress test session is not. Lots of extra data involved in that, some of it data that we could regenerate in a small fraction of a second now (list of candidate words for multi-choice, e.g.) but would take several seconds to reconstruct on the old Palm Pilots we originally designed this on and so which we made an effort to retain. (originally this was not about not going to the trouble of going from 32- to 64-bit but rather about not going to the trouble of going from 16-bit big-endian to 32-bit little-endian for Palm OS to Windows Mobile)

dahaike

Is it possible to see a time series of your progess? Right now I take screenshots and parse the image… it’d be great to understand progress over time to inform my studying.