Switching from iPad mini to iPad, getting the Flashcards won't sync error

Paul Duke

进士
Have been using the iCloud flashcard syncing for several months now with very little trouble.

It's working fine on my iPhone and my old iPad mini.

Got a new iPad, set it up by restoring from the mini backup from a few days back, that installed Pleco, I downloaded all the add-ons, but no matter what I do I still get the flashcards won't sync error.

Have rebooted the iPad several times as suggested.

Have turned iCloud Drive on and off.

Made sure Pleco is enabled in iCloud Drive.

Checked using Pages to make sure iCloud Drive is actually working -- it is, because I can see and read documents I have in the Cloud.

Any suggestions to get it working?

thanks,

PD

Paul Duke

进士
Checking back to say that after turning a lot of stuff off and on and restarting a few more times it eventually synced just fine. I don't know exactly what did it but I think it may have been signing out and then back in to iCloud again. From what I can tell, even if you haven't signed in to iCloud at the top of iCloud settings panel on the iPad, iCloud Drive still works for Pages, for instance. I think that may have fooled me. Anyway, that is flagged on the warning/suggestions/explanation that pops up in Pleco. Glad it's mentioned there because otherwise I doubt I would have noticed I was not signed in, as long as iCloud Drive was working for other applications.

thanks, PD