Speech-to-Text

aargh

Hello, I'm trying to input speech in Mandarin into the dictionary to check my pronunciation, but Google only works in the English recognition mode. I have set it to recognise Mandarin in the settings and selected the right toggle, but still it only recognises British English.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sign up for the beta test version on our Google Play product page and that should fix it - let me know if it doesn’t.

pan

My speech-to-text also stopped working. It used to be Cantonese and was working Sept 12-13 but it stopped working today Sept 14. I tried signed up for beta, but the speech -to-text still only recognizes English even though my settings is Cantonese.
1000023130.png

Attachments

• 1000023131.png
    1000023131.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 3

zhibin

I have the same problem where I used to be able to say the words in Cantonese and it would immediately recognize it and display the Chinese characters. It doesn't work anymore, and it would only work if the words were said in English.

Reactions: pan

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, did it actually install the beta update yet? Check the About screen - what version number is listed, and what build date?