(solved) Problem with the word "齣"

ThomasC

I was searching for the word "齣" (traditional Chinese character), but I noticed that the examples in the "Words" and "Sents" sections don't make any sense.

Since the simplified form of "齣" ( “出”) is the same as the more common Chinese word ”出“ (go out), I guess that's how it got mixed up?

Thank you

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

rizen suha

状元
chatbot sage (via poe app) says:
IMG_9916.jpeg

pleco cc dict says:

HZ 齣⧸出

1 to go out
2 to come out
3 to occur
4 to produce
5 to go beyond
6 to rise
7 to put forth
8 to happen
9 (used after a verb to indicate an outward direction or a positive result)
10 classifier for dramas, plays, operas etc

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The WORDS tab only searches on the current character set; if you go into the CHARS tab and tap on 齣 under 'opposite character set', the WORDS search in that screen will be tied to that version instead and should give you the correct results.

(we made the deliberate decision not to require a match on both character sets because we tend to lose a lot of matches that way - data's not reliable enough - and we don't show the traditional version of the screen by default when you enter a traditional character like 齣 because we assume in most cases people still prefer to work in their default character set)

ThomasC

The WORDS tab only searches on the current character set; if you go into the CHARS tab and tap on 齣 under 'opposite character set', the WORDS search in that screen will be tied to that version instead and should give you the correct results.

(we made the deliberate decision not to require a match on both character sets because we tend to lose a lot of matches that way - data's not reliable enough - and we don't show the traditional version of the screen by default when you enter a traditional character like 齣 because we assume in most cases people still prefer to work in their default character set)

Thank you for your explanation of the logic behind.
I've followed your instruction (CHARS tab) and found the correct word examples.
Thank you very much!

1.png