So this is how the SE Xperia X1 handles Pleco!! Fantsatic!!

Shadowdh

状元
Hi all, to those with this phone I have a couple of questions. I have been offered this phone as an upgrade as my contract has run out and its time to get a new phone (although I am VERY happy with my HTC TyTN II/Kaiser/Vario III but they dont do this model at the moment!!!???) so how does it handle Pleco. Are the graphics good and readable? any problems? should I grab this phone? Any info or feedback much appreciated. Cheers

ldolse

状元
Re: So how does the SE Xperia X1 handle Pleco?

The Xperia handles Pleco really well. It's substantially superior to the Tytn/Tytn II in all ways except the keyboard, which I find more difficult to type on.

Shadowdh

状元

Thanks Idolse... I had a wee play with it in a shop the other day and I was a bit worried by the screen dimensions and the keyboard did seem a bit fiddly when compared to the TyTN II... the screen seemed so clear on the X1...

longngo

I've been using the Pleco on the X1 now for a couple of months and I'm very happy. Seems pleco 2.0 on palm has more options to fiddle with the interface/preferences but honest I can't complain about the windows mobile version. Pleco sometimes conflicts with the CE-star pinyin keyboard I use but it's easily solved by restarting pleco with ce-star keyboard switched off.

Shadowdh

状元

Thanks Londngo, I have been using Pleco 2 on the Kaiser/TyTN II with CE Star for a while now and have had no problems... what is the conflict you talk about. I have my xperia and now need to link Pleco with the sd card...

Shadowdh

状元

To answer my own question... amazingly well. Its crystal clear display and very fast os makes for a great platform to run Pleco 2 on. So pleased I got this now. awesome awesome phone, awesome awesome P2...

longngo

I find that when you are using the CE-Star input system sending an SMS and you switch to Pleco 2.0 and want to input pinyin into Pleco, if the CE-Star keyboard is still selected (normally when "中" key on the CE-Star keyboard is activated) Pleco will not recognise the entered pinyin even if you deactivate the "中" key on the CE-Star Keyboard. the only way to get Pleco working properly is to deactivate the "中" key and restart Pleco.

It's a good phone but don't you find it a little slow? (not with running pleco but working the messaging functions). My old palm, albeit much more limited in functions, was the standard bearer when it comes of speed.

Also the Windows Mobile version of Pleco really needs shortcut keys.

ldolse

状元
Overall I find the Xperia much faster than other WinMo phones I've used. When it comes to messaging I've found that all windows mobile phones are laggy, so I think there is an inherent software issue MS needs to address there.

CE-Star is a pretty buggy SIP overall - if you can live without hardware keyboard support you're better off switching to an alternate SIP like ZTA4.

mfcb

状元
ldolse said:
CE-Star is a pretty buggy SIP overall - if you can live without hardware keyboard support you're better off switching to an alternate SIP like ZTA4.

or you could try plumsip, which works with my HTC Touch pro... see this post

Shadowdh

状元
longngo said:
I find that when you are using the CE-Star input system sending an SMS and you switch to Pleco 2.0 and want to input pinyin into Pleco, if the CE-Star keyboard is still selected (normally when "中" key on the CE-Star keyboard is activated) Pleco will not recognise the entered pinyin even if you deactivate the "中" key on the CE-Star Keyboard. the only way to get Pleco working properly is to deactivate the "中" key and restart Pleco.

It's a good phone but don't you find it a little slow? (not with running pleco but working the messaging functions). My old palm, albeit much more limited in functions, was the standard bearer when it comes of speed.

Also the Windows Mobile version of Pleco really needs shortcut keys.

I used to have that problem of deselecting the ce star input when using pleco but for some reason its not an issue any more... I find it very fast, even in the messaging, I use it all the time (sms) so at least for me its quick... sometimes the connect time when making a call is a little slow though... (carrier related maybe)... what short cut keys do you refer to?

The more I use it the better it becomes... cant wait to start modding it with some decent ROMs and apps...

longngo

mfcb said:
ldolse said:

or you could try plumsip, which works with my HTC Touch pro... see this post

mfcb - thanks heaps for this post. I've only used it for 5 min but can tell it's way better than CE-Star. I'm only sorry I saw this post after I paid for CE-Star, thinking there was no option. thanks again.