Smartphone can run Pleco available in China?

I have an aging Palm PDA - about ready to throw away as the screen seems more and more difficult to write on. Want to get a combined mobile phone and PDA. Mainly to run Pleco. Can find hardly any Palm products here in China. Can anyone recommend a good model Windows phone that will do the job? Or any other solution. Grateful for any help. I am in Beijing by the way.

Shadowdh

状元
I have an HTC TyTN II/Kaiser/MDA Vario III (all the same device) and it is the dogs dangly bits (thats UK speak for really good)... You can get dopod devices (basically the same as HTC although you have to check to make sure they have all the extras you like ie wireless, bluetooth etc...

sych

榜眼
You can get the Palm Treo 680 in China, it runs Pleco very well. I've seen them around... a friend of mine who's studying here bought one here, and I've seen Chinese people using them on the busses, subway etc.

If you're in Beijing, try the PC Mall in Chaoyang district.

Palm also has a Chinese website that might be able to tell you where to get one:

http://www.palm.com/cn/

radioman

状元
I am in China for the summer, wondering if there is any update here on this thread... a device (phone or PDA without phone...) in China. I am looking for a very good screen (that means on the large side) and very good battery (mutually exclusive??), running windows (for pleco....). Phone function is less of interest right now, but I would take it as well.

I see a lot of Chinese brands and figure they could be on the less expensive side compared to HP (as an example). If anyone has a recommendation for a good value, please pass along.

Sarevok

进士
How about the iPAQ 210/213/214 (same device, but different numbers in different countries)? A nuber one candidate for replacing my iPAQ 2490 in the future. Without a phone (so the battery lasts longer), sexy 4" VGA display, WM6... and not that expensive either (actually much cheaper than my current device was, when I bought it some 2 years ago).

Don't know about any Chinese brand devices running WM (if we don't count HTC), are threre any?

Search Ipaq 210. There are other discussions in the forum already. Sorry I don't have the links to give you directly, but you will find if you search.