Smart Phone Purchase

RG7548

Hello All,
I was contimplating buying a PDA but have realized that a SmartPhone may be more bang for the buck.
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a SmartPhone that has the following:
Large screen as to read Chinese characters/write Hanzi
Pleco compatible
Good resolution and excellent Stylus writing recognition
Compatible with China Mobile and AT&T (when I return to the US I would like to be able to switch Sims and use with AT&T)
Price range - 200-350USD * Do you think that buying used is a good choice for a Smartphone? Warranty??
I do not neccesarily need a QWERTY keyboard - the most important requirement is that there is a large area to write / read.
Camera (not important but a Plus)
I would like to:
Use Pleco, read e-books, play games, watch video/listen to mp3, SMS, place calls - all on a large screen with high resolution for about 300 USD.
My friend has the Iphone - which is a strong choice but I would much rather have a screen that will allow me to write with a stylus.
Any suggestions? Sorry if this was a double post!!
Thanks!

Wan

榜眼
Hey RG7548,

I recently bought the HTC Touch Diamond on ebay. 我高兴极了. It does everything I need, got the stylus and is highly tweakable. It's my first smartphone, so I can't arguably compare models, but I read lots of positive opinions about this one as well as about other HTC models. Have a look at HTC's Website and see if this fits your needs!
Hope I could help.

Phil

RG7548

Thanks for the help with this. I will look into purchasing the Tilt in the US then having them pass along the unlock code. I believe they should acquiesce.
One more question - Can anybody help me on this one?
How does the Stylus/screen on the Tilt compare to that of a PDA like the PALM TX?
I would that the TILT has more of an IPHONE screen and the PDA feels a bit more plastic.
Also is it difficult to read/write characters in Pleco on the TILT. Is there much of a difference between the Tilt's screen and that of a PDA?
Thanks for the help.