Searching within Flashcards

ZKD

举人
Hi All,

Since the major Pleco overhaul, I've had issues searching within my existing flashcards. I make my own or copy out from Pleco dictionary custom sentence flashcards. I am trying to search within my made flaschards for all the cards with the phrase" 啃老族." I am unable to find how to do that. Would really appreciate any help!

Best,

ZKD

Shun

状元
Hi ZKD,

I think you just need to go to the Organize Flashcards section, then tap the magnifying glass at the top right and search for "headword" with Compare set to "~". Searching within definitions (full-text) isn't supported yet, but will be once flashcards will be searchable from the Dictionary. Take this with a grain of salt, though, since I'm not the programmer. ;)

Best, Shun

ZKD

举人
Attached is a screenshot of the page I get after tapping the magnifying glass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 583

ZKD

举人
You're almost there, try changing Search for to "headword".
Thanks Shun! I'm sort of embarassrd but also surprised but how this is far less intuitive than the last version. I'm mostly embarassrd it took me this long to find out haha.

Anyways, I toggled around the settings a bit and was able to get what I wanted. I changed compare section to get headwords including the phrase, so it was very easy to search parts of sentences. Thanks for your help!!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's actually always been this unintuitive, I'm afraid, though we're hoping to improve it soon. One faster little trick we offer in the meantime: do a search in the regular dictionary with a ! in front of it; that will put all words that are part of your flashcard vocabulary on top, so you can enter 啃老族 efficiently through that system, tap on the resulting word, then tap on the [+] icon to access card info.