Searching for a flashcard

Is there some instructions somewhere that shows you how to use the search function for flashcards. I can’t figure it out at all. I can’t seem to find where you put in the text you’re searching for.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It’s a bit primitive - set the “field” to the type of text you want to search for and there’ll then be a box to enter it in. You can also enter a ! in the regular dictionary search box to put flashcard words on top of the list.

pdwalker

状元
Feature request (in case I've missed it, please ignore). Is it possible to search your flash cards for words in the definition?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not at the moment (tricky to do that with flashcards that link to dictionary entries) but probably coming in 4.0.

pdwalker

状元
Understood. That's what I thought.

For what it is worth, if I think the flashcard is "interesting enough", I'll convert it to a user dictionary entry and then it becomes searchable.

I was thinking more along the lines of my phrase flash cards. Those are not something I want to turn into a user dictionary entry (why not? maybe I should) and I was just looking for a way to search them.

As for v4, since flashcards will effectively be a user dictionary of their own, then I guess it's a moot point.

Thanks for the explanation guys.