search simplified, get traditional

Judy

秀才
A small bug: with some characters, even if I input simplified form into handwriting search, the result appears only as traditional character. Example: ?. Happens only with handwriting recognition search. Not much of a problem, but thought I'd mention it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you referring to the handwriting recognizer choices coming up with the simplified version or to the simplified character being converted to traditional in the Input Field?

If it's the former, that's actually just a quirk of the recognizer we use - not much we can do about it, sadly.

If it's the latter, are you using Input Field Compatibility Mode by any chance? If so, that mode forces characters to be converted into whatever the current encoding's character set is. If not, I have no idea what could be causing this...

Judy

秀才
mikelove said:
Are you referring to the handwriting recognizer choices coming up with the simplified version or to the simplified character being converted to traditional in the Input Field?

Input mode is set to simplified; I write the simplified character in the input field and hit recognize; first in the array of characters is the traditional version of the character I have input (the simplified version does not appear).

[Mike] If it's the former, that's actually just a quirk of the recognizer we use - not much we can do about it, sadly.

[Judy] That's probably what it is -- happens consistently with some characters, but never with others. Not a problem for me because I'm pretty familiar with both, but perhaps could be for some people.