Scorefile

Shun

状元
Hi psucom,

the scorefile is part of the large flashcards SQLite database.

You could back up your flashcards database, copy it onto a Mac or PC, then use a free SQLite reader of your choice to export the scorefile data or, better yet, write a Python script that accesses the flashcards SQLite database and gives you a list of all the flashcards in a particular category along with the study history for each flashcard. This should be quite easy to do with Python and is well-documented. However, if the flashcards aren't custom flashcards, you probably wouldn't be getting the flashcards' contents with the export, because that data isn't in the flashcards database, but in the dictionaries. So that would require a Pleco feature, as far as I can tell.

Perhaps Mike can tell you even more?

Cheers,

Shun

psucom

举人
Shun, thank you for the thorough and quick response. I’m indeed only interested in scores for custom flashcards.

Shun

状元
You're very welcome! I could program it for you when I have time, it's always a nice exercise. Would you like the program's output to look something like this?

Custom flashcard's headword <tab> flashcard's pinyin <tab> flashcards' definition <tab> date created <tab> date last reviewed <tab> score <tab> easiness <tab> times correct <tab> times incorrect <tab> score history

After that, you could filter it in Excel and work with it further.

Cheers,

Shun

Shun

状元
Hi psucom,

you could also try exporting the selection of flashcards as an XML file and filter that for Excel. That also includes all the data you have asked for.

Cheers,

Shun

psucom

举人
Shun,

These are very helpful comments. I'm rather handy with text file manipulations, so I'll go for it myself, but thank you very much for your guidance.

Yes, I didn't try exporting as XML and indeed will be the way to go.