Road Map PlecoDict

mai

秀才
Hi Mike,

can you already tell us, when the first official beta of the Pleco Dict will be published? And maybe come up with a road map of some sorts? That would be great!

Thanks,

Mai

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid I don't have an exact date to give you yet, and given my track record at predicting release dates I don't think I should even try to for this one... it shouldn't be too many more months, though.

Farther off, though, I'm pretty confident that the Pocket PC version (and a major update on Palm) will be out by the end of summer - for legal reasons we need to switch to our new handwriting recognizer by the end of August, so the Palm update at least is all but guaranteed, and once the new recognizer's ready the Pocket PC port really won't be very much work.

A

Anonymous

Flashcards

Are we going to see the Flashcard module available for trial soon (or imminently :lol: ).
Regards Baoluo

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well I guess that depends on your definition of soon, but at the moment we're not planning another release before the beta - every time we take a few days to package up a new update it pushes the finished version a few days later. Besides which, we'd like the flashcard system to be as well-tested as possible before we release it, since a flashcard-related crash could destroy hours of work for someone.