Review new flashcards based on fixed order, but reviews SRS

Geo Chu

Hi,

Just got the flashcard addon.
Basically, I have imported an 5000 word HSK list thats been sorted by frequency (based on newspaper and readings usage, etc. so I learn more useful words first).
I want to review all new cards using this sorted order.
However, for cards already reviewed, I want to use SRS (like anki) for memory retention.

Problem is, i am not able to select both "Fixed" order and "Spaced Repetition" under the Card Selection option.

Any ideas how to do this?? (this is like my normal anki deck)

thanks

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you enable "limit new cards" in Card Selection and set it to introduce new cards in order by their creation date, that should give you something pretty close to what you're describing - cards will generally be reviewed with SRS but they'll be initially introduced in that fixed order.

Geo Chu

Thanks,
So if I have top the session, how do I go back to where I left off in the list?
I have 5000 cards, I don't want to start at #1 again.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
With these settings, you would be gradually introducing new cards from the list to your SRS tests, in order - if you want to skip the earlier cards that you already know then the best bet would probably be to delete them. Alternatively, you could go into Organize Cards, select those cards, tap Edit, Batch, Priority, Transform priority, choose "Force exclude," and tap "Change priority now" - that will keep them from appearing in tests but not remove them from your deck altogether so that you can always revive them later.

Geo Chu

but what if I need to review cards in a few days, if I exclude them they won't show again?

For example, I go through words #1 to #95 (out of 5000) on my HSK list. I'm tired and need to sleep so I close my session. When I re-open my Pleco, I want to start at word #96 and continue from there.
Of those 95 previous words already looked at, the ones I know well I want to show up again in several days (or whatever SRS decides is best for easier words). The ones I don't know well I want to show up in a couple days (or whatever SRS decides is best).

Right now, when I close my session, it goes back to word #1 on my list, even though i've reviewed it already and clicked level 5(Remebered).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Have you configured the test to use "fixed" card selection? If so, you want to switch it to "spaced repetition" instead - "fixed" always repeats cards in the same order, "spaced repetition" doesn't. You're getting that in-order introduction behavior you want through "limit new cards," not through "fixed."