Recording voice from Pleco Reader on an iPad

Trickyt57

秀才
I have a text that Pleco reader reads to me. Now I want to record the voice of the spoken text so I can play it back in iTunes, or on other devices. Pleco is on my latest generation iPad. How do I do it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not possible at the moment for licensing reasons, unfortunately (exporting synthesized audio is something that speech synthesizer makers tend to be prickly about).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I suppose in theory we could export those, but I don't think it would produce especially nice results and I don't know if enough people would use it to be worth the coding effort.

Trickyt57

秀才
I suppose I could manually record the sound output on another device with a microphone and then move it from there to itunes, but it's not really the solution I need. I would need to access a computer and link it to my iTunes account before synching with the iPad. It sounds quite cumbersome. It's a pity there isn't any way to record the synthesised voice directly in Pleco.

Peter

榜眼
Unrelated to Pleco: Have you tried using Google translate for narration? It generates mp3s that can be saved. I use this for voicing sentences.

Sy

进士
Hi, I am new in Pleco which I know I will learn lots from simple to complex.
If I want to record the sound for play back , I use my Olympus voice recorder like the
VN -6200pc or lower model number.the PC is worth it for transfer to computer instead of just listen. This external recorder is simple and not going to iTUNE..
IN Fact, you can google a long news article to record and listen later.
Or if you have another iPad / iPad mini,get a QUICKVOICE APPS, ,,THEN YOU
don't have to buy an Olympus.