Reader "Next Word" Button Doesn't Pick Up User Dictionary Words

I have a sentence loaded up in clipboard reader. Slowly going through it using the "Next Word" button I noticed what seems to be an error.

I have CedPane loaded into my Pleco. The word "隔离酒店" is in CedPane and shows up on normal dictionary queries.

Yet, scrolling through the text with the "Next Word" button only highlights "隔离" and then "酒店." Directly clicking on "隔离酒店" brings up the CedPane entry.

It looks like the "Next Word" button somehow isn't pulling user dictionary entires into its parsing. (Just a guess?).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Most likely a bug with the frequency segmenter - it thinks 隔离 + 酒店 is a more likely parsing than 隔离酒店. Which shouldn't be happening, because it should be favoring longer words when they don't conflict with another breakdown, so we'll investigate.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Can you give me the whole sentence this appears in? (also, by any chance are you back on .18? we fixed some bugs with the segmenter in .20)

老戏骨曾江死于隔离酒店 引发香港检疫措施讨论

Here's a recording I made & converted to gif. First I use the "next word" button + at the end I directly click on the word.
L.gif

I double checked: I'm on .20.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - it looks like this was actually caused by what I thought was an unrelated bug, which should be cleared up in our soon-to-be-posted .21 update. (at any rate I can successfully reproduce this in .20 and not after upgrading to .21)