Reader less responsive on iPad Air 2

niming

Hi

I use the Pleco Reader pretty regularly - previously I used it on an iPad 2 but have recently upgraded to the Air 2. Using the Reader on the Air 2, I find that when I press down on the Chinese text, I often need to press numerous times before the Reader recognizes my input and brings up the corresponding definition. This was never an issue on iPad 2 and makes using the Reader a slower, more frustrating experience. Is there any possible resolution to this or is it simply an unavoidable consequence of the higher, denser screen resolution?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This one's news to us - I have an Air 2 myself and haven't noticed any downgrade in touchscreen performance. Have you noticed difficulty with precise tapping / selecting in any other apps? Are you using the latest versions of Pleco and of iOS? And what sorts of texts are you reading - plain .txt files or EPUBs or web pages or DOC files or PDF files or something else?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just checked and I think I may have found an explanation for the tap difficulties - these are EPUB or HTML files, right? Anyway we'll fix the potential cause of this in our next bug-fix update which we'll be submitting to Apple any day now.

niming

Yes, that's right Mike - it was using the Web Reader function, ie reading html files. Thanks as always for your responsiveness.