purchased OCR not recognizing

I use OCR with no problem on my iPhone. I just purchased the OCR module for my Galaxy S II, but it does not recognize anything. Standard characters, good focus, I fiddle with the field size and the number of characters, I mess with the buttons across the top, but the OCR module still never gets a fix on anything. Any suggestions?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
I use OCR with no problem on my iPhone. I just purchased the OCR module for my Galaxy S II, but it does not recognize anything. Standard characters, good focus, I fiddle with the field size and the number of characters, I mess with the buttons across the top, but the OCR module still never gets a fix on anything. Any suggestions?

Open the menu / settings, then go back - does that get it working?

No help there. I rebooted, but no dice. Also, often it simply will not focus unless I press the flower button. I presume that's macro, but I'm not in a macro situation. Sometimes it will focus without macro, though. Sometimes it fixes on zhou1 or chuan1, but those are completely wrong. Otherwise, it just keeps searching without getting a fix.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
No help there. I rebooted, but no dice. Also, often it simply will not focus unless I press the flower button. I presume that's macro, but I'm not in a macro situation. Sometimes it will focus without macro, though. Sometimes it fixes on zhou1 or chuan1, but those are completely wrong. Otherwise, it just keeps searching without getting a fix.

Hmm... what if you go into Settings / General and "Reset All" to configure all settings to their default values; does that help any? Also, any chance that the output might simply be rotated? Try making a square recognition area in the middle of the screen and pointing it at a single character from all 4 directions; does it recognize it correctly in any of them?

mikelove said:
JimmyTheSaint said:

Hmm... what if you go into Settings / General and "Reset All" to configure all settings to their default values; does that help any? Also, any chance that the output might simply be rotated? Try making a square recognition area in the middle of the screen and pointing it at a single character from all 4 directions; does it recognize it correctly in any of them?

OK, the "Reset All" fixed it. Thanks.