Problem on Palm: No Fonts Installed

sinolog

Hi there!

I've got the PlecoDict for Palm and wanted to install it on an old Palm I got, both second hand. But there is a message which says:
Cannot locate any font files. Please double-check that you've correctly installed the files to RAM or the /PALM/Launcher directory on your flash card memory.

What am I to do?

Thanks for your help from rainy-cold Zürich
sinolog

dlu

On a previously working install of 2.0 a message window titled "No Fonts Installed" has started popping up. It tells me to make sure the fonts are installed on the SD card (they are) and offers to reset prefs (tried it, no joy).

The first time this message showed up, I was able to get 2.0 working again by doing a hard reset followed by a sync. Pleco 2.0 worked for about a day after that and then the "No Fonts Installed" window came back. This time no luck with the hard reset / sync trick. I notice that the fonts were not installed on the SD card (though they were listed in the sync dialog). So I used send to card to put them onto the SD card and can see that they are there. I followed this with a soft reset, but no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... does it make any difference if you recharge your Palm? The OS has a habit of disabling the SD card slot when the battery runs low. Also, how long have you had this SD card? It could be that the card's become faulty somehow. And have you tried installing the patch file posted here?