Problem importing .pdb flashcard list

royperrin

I have Palm m515 and imported .pdb lists. When I go to Pleco manage flashcards/import, I can see the lists, but when when I select the list and "import", the screen changes back to the general "manage lists" screen and I do not see the imported lists. Any idea why I am not able to successfully import these lists?
Thanks,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Might be an encoding issue - if you installed Pleco manually, are you sure that you installed all of the files from the "Text Converters" folder? Which lists are you trying to import?

royperrin

Could be. Lists are IC Level 2 cards from flashcard exchange. I also tried to simply drag .txt files to CD card, but received error message when hotsynching
"ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files.
If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation. IC2L3.txt"

Know how to remedy this?
Many thanks.

ipsi

状元
Palm will only Synch files to the SD Card if a program has said it can open them. Otherwise it will happily refuse. Directly synching DOC files, for example, may not work even if you have DTG installed...

Best way is to either use a card reader or the program Card Export (or Card Reader - try them both).

If you open the text files in notepad, what do you see?