Plecodict is great however...

Hartville

秀才
I am really pleased with my purchase of Plecodict and I am waiting for the new version to come out. I would guess that the vast majority of Plecodict users are non-technical people like myself. I have been struggling these last few weeks trying to understand how to take
full advantage of my Pelcodict without success. I can use the basic functions however others such as : Allow list + input palettes at the same time, Droid Sans Fallback, Sort/cleanup multi-character results....and the list goes on leave me in the dark. PLEASE,
write the new instruction manual in a friendly user style somewhere along the lines of
Plecodict for Dummies.

Do other Pelcodict user's have the same problem?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In general, if you don't understand an option like that it's best to ignore it - there are a lot of things we put in there which are very useful for certain types of users or on certain models of PDA but don't do much otherwise. Flashcards work similarly, though in 2.0 we've done a better job of separating off the options everybody's interested in (what sort of test, how many cards, which groups of cards to test on) from the ones that are likely to confuse a lot of people (repetition spacing methods, extra buttons, some cool-but-confusing extra features like in-session dictionary remapping). The manual should be a bit more approachable too, and we're also planning to put together some demo videos to help walk you through a lot of the basic stuff.

We've considered doing a "lite" version of Pleco with fewer features and a simpler interface for a while now, but with 2.0 taking so long we haven't gotten around to it yet - it might finally appear on some new platforms, though. (and in fact thanks to Apple's distribution policies it may be the only version we release for iPhone)

jlg84

No! Please release as complete a version as you can for the iPhone! I am counting the days till I can once again have my beloved Pleco now that I have transitioned from Palm to iPhone!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Oh, we'll certainly bring everything over that we can, and we're optimistic that that will be a lot, but there's the possibility that Apple won't approve our application the way we've designed it, and in that case we may have to cut back on some things (including potentially most of our licensed content) in order to get it by them.