Pleco on Asus Transformer

lyandra01

Hi,

I'm not a techie. I bought the Asus Transformer thinking it was a convenient breakaway netbook, only to realize that it's really a large smartphone with a detachable computer, so now I'm in the process of learning about apps...

I also recently renewed my Chinesepod subscription after a 2-year absence. The recommended flashcard apps include Pleco and AnkiDroid. Pleco looks better, but it seems to still be in beta mode for Android. Since it was released in September, would it be fair to assume that most of the major bugs have been worked out by now? Is it basically functional?

Looking at the comments so far, it looks like most users are using it on their phones... Is there anyone out there using it on their Asus Transformer tablet? If so, how's it working out for you?

On a side note, does this program work for other languages, too? I also have a Frenchpod, Spanishpod, and Italianpod subscription.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lyandra01 said:
I also recently renewed my Chinesepod subscription after a 2-year absence. The recommended flashcard apps include Pleco and AnkiDroid. Pleco looks better, but it seems to still be in beta mode for Android. Since it was released in September, would it be fair to assume that most of the major bugs have been worked out by now? Is it basically functional?

Seems like it, the biggest flashcard bug at the moment is that saving / resuming sessions doesn't work but we've already fixed it in our development builds and it should be fixed officially pretty soon. And in the meantime it doesn't really prevent you from using flashcards, it just encourages you to configure them in a not-too-session-dependent way (Spaced Repetition, e.g.).

lyandra01 said:
On a side note, does this program work for other languages, too? I also have a Frenchpod, Spanishpod, and Italianpod subscription.

Not at the moment - if the Android version does well we're hoping to have enough money to hire a new staffer or two, but I think we'd probably invest their time into more cool Chinese stuff rather than branching out into other languages.