pleco on amazon fire

hgtjoa

I hope this is the right forum.
Amazon claims that the Pleco app works on the Fire.
I would appreciate advice from those who have used this - I will need to migrate from an old version of the google nexus.
Thanks in advance.

lcdrdata

秀才
I just moved my copy of Pleco to a Kindle Fire (5th Gen), which I downloaded from Amazon's own app store. That in itself is a pretty good indicator it will "work" on the Fire. I'm still figuring out how to port over my flashcards and seem to be missing a couple of dictionaries, but so far all the functionality I've been able to figure out has worked properly. The OCR function appears to be missing, but I seem to recall there might have been a licensing issue there that requires a separate fee & download. I hope this is at least somewhat helpful.

hgtjoa

I just moved my copy of Pleco to a Kindle Fire (5th Gen), which I downloaded from Amazon's own app store. That in itself is a pretty good indicator it will "work" on the Fire. I'm still figuring out how to port over my flashcards and seem to be missing a couple of dictionaries, but so far all the functionality I've been able to figure out has worked properly. The OCR function appears to be missing, but I seem to recall there might have been a licensing issue there that requires a separate fee & download. I hope this is at least somewhat helpful.
Thanks!
I'd be very curious about the OCR and flashcards - I use those functions a lot.