Pleco keeps forgetting User Dictionaries

jansvrs

Hello good people,

I am using a user dictionary some other guy on this forum here created (thank you, btw!). It's a dictionary containing the vocabulary of books 1-5 of Practical Audio-Visual Chinese.

Problem: Every time I close Pleco, I have to re-add the dictionary through the "manage dictionaries" part of the settings.

I'm using Pleco on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest OS by MIUI.

Re-installing Pleco didn't help.

Any idea how to fix this, anyone?

Thanks, Jan

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jansvrs said:
Problem: Every time I close Pleco, I have to re-add the dictionary through the "manage dictionaries" part of the settings.

I'm using Pleco on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest OS by MIUI.

Re-installing Pleco didn't help.

Any idea how to fix this, anyone?

It sounds like the dictionary is not actually being saved to the right location on your memory card correctly - it's getting deleted every time you exit Pleco.

Try this: with Pleco not running in the background, copy the dictionary to the /Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/databases directory on your SD card, then reopen Pleco - does the dictionary appear correctly? (and keep appearing correctly on a reopen?)

jansvrs

Hi Mike,

thanks for the quick reply! That's what it looks like in that folder. A long time ago I saved the file there, but I still have to re-add the dictionary every time. Then Pleco will add a prefix to a copy of the file and save it in the same folder, but forgets all about it when I close the app.

- Jan

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-11-02-08-02.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-11-02-08-02.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 482

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It seems like it might be getting confused by the file extension - it should be PQB, not PBQ. There might be a bug that's preventing it from renaming the file extension to PQB when it copies the file to that folder.

Anyway, if you change the file extension to PQB it should then work correctly.