Pleco for Android 2.3.1 Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopefully there won't be too many, but I have a feeling we'll be doing at least one more bug-fix update in the next few days...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Michaels1980 said:
When I take a screenshot, then attempt to share it to Pleco OCR, Pleco will force close.
However, if I save the screenshot first, and then share it to Pleco OCR, it works perfectly.
This happens on both of my devices: Desire S (Cyanogenmod 7.1), and Galaxy Tab 7 (Overcome 4.0).
I've made a couple of screen recordings to try to better explain the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvYPQICeVO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGwXwHtX00

Might be an out-of-memory error... could you click on the "Report" button in a few of those crashes? That'll send us the crash logs. You can also send the actual text of them by downloading aLogcat and sending us the output immediately after a crash.

There is something iffy with the display of whether an entry is alread in my flashcard database or not. I have an own flashcard category and the HSK flashcards I downloaded from the Pleco website. Default category is my own. As follows you can see that while the entry list shows correctly that the entry is only available in another category (i.e. HSK), the upper button tells me I already have this in my own category, which is not the case.

flashcards.jpg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
There is something iffy with the display of whether an entry is alread in my flashcard database or not. I have an own flashcard category and the HSK flashcards I downloaded from the Pleco website. Default category is my own. As follows you can see that while the entry list shows correctly that the entry is only available in another category (i.e. HSK), the upper button tells me I already have this in my own category, which is not the case.

Thanks - it looks like the flashcard button in the toolbar isn't updating when you close the keyboard and it reappears. (so it shows you the status from the previously viewed entry) Should be easy to fix in 2.3.2.

uchihak

I don't know if this is a bug, but it's certainly a problem for me. I bought the extended audio files (male) as an in-app purchase. I was able to download them and install them, but I couldn't force Pleco to use them.
When I tried to play audio, Pleco prompts me for single syllable recordings. After I've downloaded the single syllable recordings, Pleco keeps on playing them instead of the extended audio. I couldn't ask Pleco to default to extended audio. I searched the forum for answers and noticed that someone complained of a similar problem during Beta 6. I tried his remedy of deleting and reinstalling the (500mb!) files, but it still didn't work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
uchihak said:
I don't know if this is a bug, but it's certainly a problem for me. I bought the extended audio files (male) as an in-app purchase. I was able to download them and install them, but I couldn't force Pleco to use them.
When I tried to play audio, Pleco prompts me for single syllable recordings. After I've downloaded the single syllable recordings, Pleco keeps on playing them instead of the extended audio. I couldn't ask Pleco to default to extended audio. I searched the forum for answers and noticed that someone complained of a similar problem during Beta 6. I tried his remedy of deleting and reinstalling the (500mb!) files, but it still didn't work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Did you delete and reinstall the single syllable files too? This is rather odd... are you sure that these are words for which the database has extended audio recordings? They only cover 34,000 common words, so if you're looking up something less common then there might not be a recording for it (in which case it would fall back on single-syllable).

First of all I would like to thank you and your team for all of your hard work in bringing the Android version of Pleco to the Market. This is an excellent community that I enjoy being a part of.

One of the features that I like about the Android Market is the My Apps section. Since I purchased Pleco awhile ago it is not showing up in the My Apps section. Also in My Apps is an Auto Update check box. This is a great feature so that I do not miss any updates. I do not know whether this is something Pleco has to develop or it is automatic feature of the Market

uchihak

Hi Mike,
Actually I didn't even install the single syllable files originally as I was most curious about the tone sandhi which was the reason I bouht the extended audio in the first place. But Pleco kept on prompting me to download the single syllable files whenever I clicked on the little speaker icon so I got frustrated and gave in.
Can you tell me some common words for which Pleco definitely has extended audio recordings? I tried out da Lu as in Mainland which I figured is a fairly common word and got only the single syllable recordings.
Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dahuailang said:
One of the features that I like about the Android Market is the My Apps section. Since I purchased Pleco awhile ago it is not showing up in the My Apps section. Also in My Apps is an Auto Update check box. This is a great feature so that I do not miss any updates. I do not know whether this is something Pleco has to develop or it is automatic feature of the Market

It should come up if you search for Pleco in Android Market and download / update it from there - it doesn't automatically update apps that weren't downloaded from Market.

uchihak said:
Hi Mike,
Actually I didn't even install the single syllable files originally as I was most curious about the tone sandhi which was the reason I bouht the extended audio in the first place. But Pleco kept on prompting me to download the single syllable files whenever I clicked on the little speaker icon so I got frustrated and gave in.
Can you tell me some common words for which Pleco definitely has extended audio recordings? I tried out da Lu as in Mainland which I figured is a fairly common word and got only the single syllable recordings.
Thanks!

That should be a valid one, yes. Try exiting Pleco, killing it completely via Task Manager or Settings / Applications, then reopening it; does the extended audio load correctly then?