Pleco can't read sentences or clipboard paragraph

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and relatively so to Pleco (bought the basic package not too long ago for the SRS, really cool feature).
I can read words in the dictionary just fine, but when it comes to the sentences, by pressing the icon next to them (or the speaker icon in the clipboard), it just doesn't work.
It used to, but it broke for some reason. It's not that much of a bother since TTS still works for words that pleco recognizes, but still annoying.
My pleco is updated up to the last version on the Play Store.
Do I need to reinstall the app or something? And if yes, does a backup of flashcards saves their scores and settings of the profiles?

Thanks for the help in advance

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Go into the Pleco Settings screen, Audio, make sure Google is selected as your 'system TTS engine', then go into 'system TTS settings,' go into the language / voice settings, and delete every installed Chinese voice. Then, go back into the main screen of system TTS settings, choose Chinese as your default language, and tap on the button to play a sample - does that play correctly?

Ok, it didn't work at first but it seems the problem was that I put "TTS Voices" to "Cycle"
After setting it to either mandarin or cantonese voices, it works again.
Thank you for the help!