Pleco can't find my cards with simple profile

Mehdi

举人
Hello, first@thank you for this nice tools,

When I use spaced repetition profile, pleco will find my cards and I will be able to use english to chinese way, even though many cards nver come up, I don't why (first problem).

But when I want to use simple profile and english to chinese way it always tells me that it can't find my cards. I don't understand why.

Could someone help me?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
With the cards never coming up in spaced repetition, check Card Selection - is the option to "limit new cards" enabled?

With the simple profile, are there any "card filters" turned on? Also, go into Test Settings and make sure "allow missing parts" is enabled, and make sure that all of your categories are selected in Categories.

Mehdi

举人
Thank you for your fast reply, actually the option “limit new cards" was enabled so I "disabled" it and I allowed missing part. The configuration and of to use at the fullest this powerful tool can be a pain, especially for non-native english speakers. I haven't tried yet but I will tomorrow, but I was quite surprised today when I saw none of my yesterday's new added-words being tested.

I want to configure it in order that if I forgot one time I loose more than I know one, I don't know if I am clear. But thanks in advance for your help. By the way is it possible to make the caontonese transcription appears with the mandarin one?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The configuration is difficult, yeah - tough to get rid of all of these options, though, "limit new cards" for example is a sensible thing to have on by default since a lot of people would rather not be confronted by 2000 flashcards all of a sudden after importing a big new list.

The behavior you're talking about is done automatically by the Spaced Repetition profile, I think.

You can have Cantonese show instead of Mandarin by turning on the "use cantonese" option in Display, but there's not currently a way to display both except when the card is fully revealed.

Mehdi

举人
I see. For the moment I am only using the sets of cards I made by myself, so I don't have the problem of quantity of new cards. For the cantonese, then I will ask you how to fully revealed a card then, because until now on, I never saw cantonese jyutping appear. While writing this I can feel it is new bee question, but it is so easy to get lost in this dedale…

Mehdi

举人
Thanks, it works. Hope one day we can have both mandarin py and cantonese jp. After some adjustments it seems that the "never-seen" cards now show up. But I was forced to turn my filters off, as it looks like they were in oppositions with some scoring settings.

By the way most of the time I want to open a new test while one is actually going on, Pleco will crash.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That crash is news to us - what model of device are you using? What Android version is it running?