phone recommendation / requirements

daniu

榜眼
Hi,

it's been a while that I was here. My Dell X51v rests somewhere (honestly: in the end pleco was hardly usable due to very frequent loss of SD-card - not a problem of Pleco but annoying anyways)

Now I am about to get a new Android phone and am a bit surprised that under requirements there is no reuirement of CPU speed, number of cores, RAM, etc. Is there non - will Pleco work well on a HTC Wildfire with 600Mhz? And does it really work equally well on most Android phones or would I need to dig deeper in the forum to find the required information. I rememeber earlier on there were discussions about this ...

I am about to buy a HTC Desire X - which I will return if it has annoying sounds as many of these devices seem to have. The sound problem prevents me from really stopping to check out different smartphones and so now I also wonder if there is any recommendation which device is good for Pleco (also slightly triggered by Mike's Email this morning ;-)).

Probably I missed the right thread - please help me to find it. Not sure if my personal requirements on a phone would be helpful but I write it anyways (reference is my Acer Liquid e which was too slow in my opinion):
-at least 1Ghz, Dual core not necessary
-decent battery duration (1 day is a must, even if I use the phone - for the liquid e that was not always possible) - I could live with a much bigger device with longer battery duration if they'd only sell it
-screen size: approximately 4" - not much bigger, not much smaller
-at least 768Mb RAM
-SD-Card support
-removable battery
-no exotic phone any more. I want to choose the bag I use. Even I like to support underdogs - it was annoying that the Acer Liquid is not at all on the screen of accessory makers.
-price: 200Euro max (ordered the Desire X on discount for 199)

Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

ckatt

状元
I've been running Pleco on an HTC One V since the summer. it's not the fastest phone (1ghz single core) but its not slow either. the battery always last me a full day but i dont spend to much time talking, usually it runs down around 8pm if i have a lazy day and i spent many hours testing on flash cards or OCRing comic books. no removable battery though, so maybe thats a no go for you. The battery does charge pretty fast though, so if you can plug it in for half an hour then you should be good to go.
another option might be the samsung ace II its a dual core at 800ghz and it includes two batteries. its not android 4 (2.3.somthing) so that could be a problem for pleco at some point.
Cheers