Out of order characters/categorys!?

I've download the NPCR set 1-3 but can't seem to get the categories and characters in order, from chapter 1 onward, when I start the flashcard test. Under 'card selection' i've set the priority to created but that doesn't seem to help. I've also read that you can set the card selection to 'fixed' but I would prefer to use "Repetition-spaced" while advancing through the chapters and categories. Is it just the flashcard set that I've downloaded that the problem? Can anybody help me? Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dishwasherd said:
I've download the NPCR set 1-3 but can't seem to get the categories and characters in order, from chapter 1 onward, when I start the flashcard test. Under 'card selection' i've set the priority to created but that doesn't seem to help. I've also read that you can set the card selection to 'fixed' but I would prefer to use "Repetition-spaced" while advancing through the chapters and categories. Is it just the flashcard set that I've downloaded that the problem? Can anybody help me? Thanks!

Generally with these we recommend using repetition-spaced, selecting only one of the chapters at first (or maybe a few if you already know the first couple well) in Flashcard Testing / Categories, then manually adding a new chapter whenever repetition-spaced tells you you have no more cards due to review (when you feel like reviewing more cards).

For reviewing the cards in exact order, though, you'd want to use "Fixed" / "Created" but then also turn off "Limit # of unlearned" in card selection.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I've gone into flashcard testing , then card categories and have selected the first 3 chapters (of NPCR), however, when i begin a test session other cards not in those categories are still coming up. Could the reason the 'other' cards are coming up be because I've already tested them with other card sets? Do I need to reset the whole flashcard system to erase my past experience?

It's very frustrating.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dishwasherd said:
I've gone into flashcard testing , then card categories and have selected the first 3 chapters (of NPCR), however, when i begin a test session other cards not in those categories are still coming up. Could the reason the 'other' cards are coming up be because I've already tested them with other card sets? Do I need to reset the whole flashcard system to erase my past experience?

No, if you select some categories then you shouldn't get anything outside of those categories - are any other categories selected too? Even just "Uncategorized"?