no "spread" in correct answers

Mrpallman

Hi!

Been using Pleco spaced repetiotion for flashcards and it is great!

One question - when I answer correct, I get a very small spread in "days until next repetiotion" for
- I. remember perfecly
- II remembered
- III barely remembered

For example I get these options for some cards right now. It is normaly only one or two days diffrent:
I. 43d
II 41d
III 39 d

I. 122d
II. 116d
III. 110d

I wish a larger impact between I,II and III. Would this be possible by tweaking the scoring parameters? It would be great if the barly remembered would drasticly short the period while remember perfectly would to the opposit. "Just Remember" should correspond to Pleco default.

Thanks in advance!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Some of that is actually because the date predictions are wrong - we removed this feature in our 3.1 update on iOS (after having just added it in 3.0) because of that, we can't really remove it on Android since it's been there for so long but they're not going to be accurate until we revamp the SRS system in one of our next few updates.

But it's also because those distinctions primarily affect the 'easiness factor' rather than the interval - it'll only impact the interval a little bit, but it'll also adjust the factor in a way that future interval increases/decreases will be affected similarly. So the fact of remembering it perfectly or not-so-well this one time will impact every future interval by a few days. Which is why a more dramatic change would be problematic (since your intervals would end up shifting much too violently that way).