New PDA - how to get out of DEMO mode?

I know it's a bit silly, but after all these years with my h1940 I forgot how to get it started on my Diamond. I installed it from the pleco website and now it's runs in DEMO. There was something with hardware code of the PDA, what was again the procedure?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Log on to My Orders, enter your Diamond's Device ID (which you get by installing the demo version and choosing Ordering from the Help menu) in the form at the bottom of the page to get a new keyfile, then copy that keyfile to your Pocket PC's My Documents folder by connecting it to your desktop, opening up My Computer and Mobile Device and dropping the file in there.

budafu

I follow these directions but never see anywhere where I can enter my new system ID. It shows my current ID and user name at the top of the page but they can't be changed..db

budafu

I'm not trying to get v2. I'm just trying to re-install into a new Palm with a dfferent device I.D. I need a new keyfile keyed to the new I.D. I don't see anywhere where the new device I.D. can be entered.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Oh, sorry - on Palm the Device ID is actually just a mathematical transformation of the HotSync Username, so if the ID has changed it's because the username has changed; see http://kb.pleco.com/art7.html for instructions on how to change it back to what it was before and restore your ID. (or if that doesn't work, e-mail us and we can update your account with the new username)