New in Pleco dictionary on iOS

ScottXe

I have been used it on WM before and a new comer in iPhone 4. I am unsure how and what to buy this software as the software on iTunes is fee. I downloaded it and seems working correctly but not a talking dictionary. Is it the basic dictionary free but the talking feature and larger vocabulary are paid components? Can someone point me to the right place explaining the details. What I need is a good talking dictionary in both English and Chinese (Putonehua)?

ScottXe

Thanks for your instructions. I have downloaded some add-ons and installed on my iPhone for trial test. How can I buy an audio pronunciation and additional dictionary?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Those are both bought through the "Add-ons" tab; just tap on the ($) button next to an add-on to purchase it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ScottXe said:
Is it save to purchase it on my iPhone? Is it possible to do so on iTunes on my computer?

No way to purchase it on your computer, unfortunately - Apple's system only supports add-on purchases in-app, and they won't let us use any system but theirs to sell add-ons.

It should be quite safe to buy it on your iPhone, though - you don't have to type in your credit card number, you just enter your iTunes password which is encrypted before it's sent to Apple's server. If you're really nervous about that, you can change your password via desktop iTunes as soon as your purchase goes through...