moving to pleco flashcards from anki

abhoriel

hi, I'm moving from using anki to using pleco
I'm mostly learning from a HSK word deck, and I already know HSK 1-4 and dont really want to go through all those cards again in Pleco before I can learn new cards. In anki, you can distribute cards over a time frame, so in this case, I would distribute all of the cards form HSK1-4 over a period of a few months, so that I don't have to go through them all in one go and can continue learning new cards at the same time.

Is this possible in Pleco? I'm going to be using spaced-repetition scoring, and I have randomly increased the card scores of HSK1-4 cards, but when I start a flashcard session, I just have a list of about 1200 cards to go through!

I hope my poor explanation conveys what I want to do.. if its not possible then I guess I'll just go through the cards..

many thanks in advance

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
abhoriel said:
I'm mostly learning from a HSK word deck, and I already know HSK 1-4 and dont really want to go through all those cards again in Pleco before I can learn new cards. In anki, you can distribute cards over a time frame, so in this case, I would distribute all of the cards form HSK1-4 over a period of a few months, so that I don't have to go through them all in one go and can continue learning new cards at the same time.

Is this possible in Pleco? I'm going to be using spaced-repetition scoring, and I have randomly increased the card scores of HSK1-4 cards, but when I start a flashcard session, I just have a list of about 1200 cards to go through!

The random increase won't help because these cards have never been reviewed before - what you'll want to do instead is configure the option in Card Selection to "limit new cards," set it to limit by "new per day" and set a reasonable daily limit. The HSK cards will be lumped in with your other new cards, but it sounds like that's pretty much what you're aiming for anyway.