Mic permissionsnot showing up

Pismo

I'm having an issue getting the mic to work on my Android phone. It works fine on my tablet so not sure if it's my phone or Pleco. I figured I'd come here to hear any suggestions on what it could be or fixes. Both devices are Samsung and I'm attaching a capture of the error that shows when Itouch the microphone icon. I'm running the latest beta (3.2.96)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240929-111914_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240929-111914_Google.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 4

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... maybe check your system settings to make sure that Google search / speech services / any other Google apps that look relevant have permission to use the microphone? (unfortunately this has nothing to do with Pleco's own permissions, the microphone access is being performed in that separate Google service and we have no access to any of the audio)

Pismo

I'll check again but after much searching on why there was no app mic permissions for Pleco I realized Pleco was, as you say, just using the voice to text from the device.

I do have Speech recognition and synthesis from google permissions set and I've even tried Samsung's version but still get the same error.

I probably turned off something in my phone permissions that's messing me up and I have to find it. I'll keep at it and use my tablet in the mean time.

Then you for a great product and fast response. I'm impressed by how you run your business and wish more people/companies were the same.