Lost a few HSK flashcards

Miguel

状元
Hi,
I just realized that I've lost a few cards in the HSK4 and HSK5 categories (must have been moving flashcards around within my own categories). I have 592 in the HSK4 and 1297 in the HSK5. What would be the best way to restore this missing cards without losing all the stats in my cards database?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just import the list again - it will re-create the missing cards but it won't replace any cards that are already there. (you can back up your database first if you want to be extra sure of that)

Miguel

状元
It created a different category called "HSK 2012-2016" and my old one was "New HSK", so I guess I just need to delete the old one...
Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, yes, we have changed those a few times; delete the new categories, rename your old categories to match the new ones, then import again and it should fill them in rather than adding new categories.

Miguel

状元
Uppps, too late. I already deleted the old ones. Still everything seems to be fine and no stats lost

Miguel

状元
I just checked the other HSKs levels and realized that in the HSK2 I have 149 and in the HSK3 I have 298. Is this normal? I thought they were 150 and 300. I have tried to download them again, but I get the same cards.
Another thing I've realized is that in the "Uncategorized" section, sometimes new words appear and I don't remember adding those words (some of them are quite weird) or adding them and then hitting on "Delete category" which would take them to this "Uncategorized" section. I still don't know in which case these cards show up here. I'll keep an eye on it, but does anyone have any ideas about why this could be happening?

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I believe that's a result of duplication - some words appear in multiple levels with different definitions.

For Uncategorized, any chance you're just hitting the button by accident?

Miguel

状元
Thanks for the answer, Mike.
I will try to keep an eye in the Uncategorized thing, but I don't think it can be the I hit the button by accident many times (they would go to my default category) and then how do they move to this Uncategorized category?

Miguel

状元
Not if I have changed my default category to my own, right? that is how I have it, my own default category. The thing is that they are words not so common or that I wanted to save them. I don't remember checking them either, but I check many words...
I'll try to check more often and see if I figure it out. I always sync the database between my cellphone and Pc (ARChon), could it be related to it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Might be, but it's very odd in that case. Perhaps you're deleting a category that the words were formerly in?

Miguel

状元
Nope, I only have a few categories and they're always the same, and since they are words that are not very usual and I have no interest in them... Will try to keep an eye on it.