Longer words in tones test?

Aslaksen

秀才
This is a request for a feature in the tones test. I'm not sure if many people use the tones test, but I like it. I set it to play the sound, and then reveal the characters after I give the tones. I set it to select words from HSK levels above where I am, so that it will use words that I don't know. Most of the time it selects two characters words, sometimes it gives single characters, and sometimes it gives three or four character expressions. Single words is simple, and tone pairs are getting easier. However, I struggle with longer expressions. Would it be possible to configure it so that I only got longer expressions? Adding for instance a category of chengyus or names? Or allowing me to configure it to use a minimum number of characters so that I could at least avoid single character words and maybe only get three or four character words? I realize that this might be a lot of work and is maybe not a priority issue, but I wanted to at least mention it, in case there already was something I could do, or there was something you could easily implement. Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you go into card filters, there's a 'length filter' option that would let you limit the length. (though there's a 4 character maximum - that should be fixed in 4.0)